Sunday, August 7, 2016

Spamming your way to fame?

I was scrolling through Instagram this morning, and I saw one of my favourite YouTuber's new post. I thought "Hmm what do people actually comment on famous people's pictures." So I checked. I expected to see nice uplifting comments about how much they loved and supported them. But no. All I saw was comments promoting THEMSELVES! "Go check out my cool feed" or "Hey new YouTuber here come check out my channel." As soon as I read through about 40 of these comments, I realized how selfish people are these days.

I mean yes, I totally understand how you might want people to see your YouTube channel or blog. You might be new, and need some people to see your content. But commenting about YOURSELF on other things that aren't for you? That doesn't seem right. Think about all the people whose picture's you're commenting on. They're probably sick and tired of getting spam comments. They are people who worked hard for their subscribers and followers. I'm not saying the spammers don't work hard, I'm just saying it'll feel more worth it when people find you for your content, and not from scrolling through other people's comments.

Instead, why can't people find sites for people who WANT to find new things. Such as the site http://teenage-blogger-central.blogspot.ca. I found it even before I started blogging, and have fallen in LOVE with it. There are so many diverse people and blogs you can find. I find myself reading blog after blog for hours because of this site. And the thing is, this is a site specifically for finding new bloggers. It's not spamming, it's actually working for your followers. And I love that.

Thanks for reading today, and check out http://teenage-blogger-central.blogspot.ca/ for more blogs like mine and other kinds as well

Stay warm and fuzzy!
                   
                                                        --Kiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment